Credly-My First Badge
Credly is an online badging system that recognizes individuals for their demonstrated competencies and skills. Credly makes meaningful achievements visible to others and supports lifelong learning through the use of micro-credentials.
Why? Credly is the badging platform being used to recognize educators for their personal professional learning on their own time. Earning badges as a form of professional development encourages teacher growth and motivates educators to learn new skills, use new digital tools, and discover new instructional strategies.
Tags: ISTE Educator Standard 1: Learner
Additional Links and Resources:
Task to complete:
- Click “My Account” and then “Create An Account” in the top right corner on this page.
- Create your account using your school email address.
- Agree to Terms of Service, submit, and confirm your new account in your email (check your spam folders if you don’t see it).
- Come back to the Edge • U website and select “My Account” then “Log In” in the top right corner of any page.
- Choose “Log in With Credly,” and enter your Credly Credentials.
- Click Edge • U in the top left hand corner to get out of the WordPress dashboard and back to the Edge • U.
- In the top right corner, click “Howdy, [your name]”, come down to “Profile” and select “Change Profile Photo.” Then upload your picture and save.
- Come back to the Credly badge page (this page) to submit your evidence. You should now see the Submissions field at the bottom of this page.
Evidence to submit:
- In the text submission box below, type your name, your school district, and your school email address you used to create your Credly account. Click Submit.
Pitfalls to avoid: Don’t forget, when watching any video tutorial, you can pause and rewind if you need to see something again.
Don’t forget to approve your badge and make Forward Edge a verified issuer once we approve your evidence!
Try creating badges to assign your students for the great work they do in your classroom!